Enabling User Authentication / Streaming Passwords
Posted by - NA -, Last modified by on 24 March 2009 08:48 AM
You can define a set of users and passwords that can tune in to your Windows Media stream in the EGIHosting.com Control Panel at http://stream.egihosting.com following these steps:|
- Click the Settings link next to the stream to edit.
- Click the Manage Users Allow Users link to add or edit a tune-in user.
- Fill in a user and password with User Rights set to Read.
- Check the Secure Stream box.
- Click the Add User button.
The user will be prefixed with your publishing point number. The stream will now prompt for this user name and password once opened in a media player supporting authentication.